Growth, Employment and Skills
Boosting economic growth, employment and skills in West London so that residents and businesses of all sizes can succeed and prosper here, and to support sustainable local public services.
The seven boroughs that make up the West London Alliance have embraced a joint approach to economic growth and prosperity that delivers at scale and pace, known as the West London Vision for Growth. The Vision focuses on building strong fundamentals based around four key priorities:
- A skilled and entrepreneurial workforce,
- Excellent physical and digital infrastructure,
- High quality housing supply that is delivered at scale, and
- A supportive investment environment for businesses of all sizes.
Some practical examples of the strategic work areas the WLA is leading on:
- West London Orbital railway with boroughs, TfL, the GLA and Network Rail
- Inward Investment and Trade through the Capital West London initiative
- Business Rates Devolution through the £11m Strategic Infrastructure Pool
- Housing Supply through the One Public Estate Programme
- Joint local plan evidence based through the Planning Programme
The Vision for Growth is led by the West London Economic Prosperity Board, a cross-party, Joint Committee consisting of the Leaders of the seven member boroughs of the West London Alliance. The Board provides direction to the West London Growth Directors' Group who have responsibility for delivering the Vision for Growth at both a strategic and an operational level in partnership with the business community, investors, London and national government.
The latest position on delivering the Vision for Growth action plan can be found in this February 2018 progress report.
For more information on the Growth, Employment & Skills programme please contact:
Head of Growth, Employment and Skills